In a previous post, we showed how customer engagement in the wealth management industry has changed during this pandemic. In this blog, we highlight 5 statistics that show why and how insurance agents have both increased adoption of digital tools and use of social media to engage and win clients during this time.
1. The relative frequency of users looking for “insurance agent” using search engines increased 27% in 2020
Source: Google Trends
2. 15% of consumers anticipate they are likely to purchase life insurance due to the impact of COVID-19
3. 44% of insurance agents rated digital tools as the most significant capability insurers can invest to support them
4. 78% of insurance CEOs say COVID-19 has accelerated progress on the creation of a seamless digital customer experience
5. Use of social media to assess a financial professional has increased to 64% for Millennials, 53% for Gen X, and 27% for Baby Boomers in 2020