This year, the millenial population in the U.S. surpassed 75M, exceeding that of baby boomers. A digital savvy generation expected to inherit $30 trillion from baby boomers in North America, 22% of millennial investors say they will look closely at how a financial advisor uses social media when choosing one. In this post, we put together 50 key social media statistics covering demographic changes, digital usage trends and marketing outcomes that are relevant to professionals in financial advisory, insurance, accounting and real estate. Presented in a ‘financial social media statistics 2015’ infographic, these data can be used to guide your approach and focus on social media. The data attempt to answer, directly and indirectly, the following questions:
- What is social media usage in 2015, compared to email usage?
- How has the digital savvy millennial population grown, and how has the use of social media grown among the baby boomers?
- How does social media influence decision-making, from millennials to institutional investors?
- How many professionals in financial planning, insurance, accounting and real estate are using social media for business today?
- How are the top uses of social media by these professionals?
- How many different social networks are these professionals using?
- How important is content curation on social media?
- How important is the use of images and video?
- How important is search engine visibility?
- What are some results achieved in terms of clients and assets gained from social media?
– By InvestmentPal